29/11/2014

Stampin Up Curvy Keepsake Box Die 'Tea Light' Tutorial

Hello there!
My apologies for the lack of posts lately but I have been busy making things for several craft fares.

Finally my Stampin Up Curvy Keepsake Die arrived after it being on back order as it was out of stock - yay!!
 I thought that I would show you a picture tutorial of how to put it together:

Firstly cut out 2 die cuts of DSP or card stock (I used my big shot):

Next curve the edge with the rounded top (the handle) with a bone folder:
Here is my 'top tip' if you would like to punch a hole in it - place a post it punched hole where you would like the hole to be:
 
Then you can just punch it out knowing that it will be perfectly placed!:
Now put some double sided tape (sticky strip) on the bottom square:
Next place the second die cut on top:
As I used vellum I then added a punched out piece of card stock to make it more stable but you would not need this for something more heavy weight.
Now pinch the two handles together and then fold over one of the pointed sides to close it:
Next fold over the other pointed edge:
VoilĂ !! You now have a Tea Light candle holder (battery operated of course!):

The tag die comes with the set and there are three in total.
I have made lot's more of these but will show you those another time as I'm sure this post has quite enough photos!!

So I hope that my tutorial makes sense!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.
Eve x
Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday  'Buttons or Bows' (my 'top tip' is highlighted in red)  9 days left.
Through The Craft Room Door  'Anything Goes'  2 days left.
fab n funky challenge  'Anything with die cuts'  3 days left.
4 crafty chicks  'die cuts'  3 days left.
Crafty Sentiments  'use die cuts'  2 days left.

Here is a list of supplies used, for more info just click on the image:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday with this fab little box and Tip, good luck and see you there again soon.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely project and thanks for sharing with this week at crafty sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful - such an elegant little tea light holder.

    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tutorial and I love that die. Great idea. Thank you for sharing your work with Through the Craftroom Door this week and please come and join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...what a sweet little gift box/holder!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial and sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at TTT.
    hugs Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ya, Great little candle box I love your Tip share too! that's a clever one!
    thanks for playing along and sharing at Top Tip Tuesday hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.
Eve x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...